October 18, 2015

Just gettin' along

It's been over a month since I've checked-in.  Things are going pretty good.  Every day, I miss Bob like mad.  It's been remarked that I seem happy.  I am happy, and I firmly believe that Bob would be pretty upset if I changed and let depression move into my life.

My dogs are one of the reasons I keep going.  They miss Bob, too, but they still need to be feed, to go on walks and to be cared for.  I always feel sorry for people who don't have a pet in their home.  Dog, cat, bird, rabbit, hamster, or even a fish or two.

At the end of September, my cousin Carol and I went on The Ultimate Game Day Weekend tour with the Jay Buckley Baseball Tour Company.  Bob, I, Sharon and Oden have traveled with them previously.  They are a fabulous company and Carol and I had a great time.  We flew into Dallas on Thursday, and stayed there the first night, then we were bussed to Houston to see an Astros game, Astros vs. Rangers.  Their stadium, Minutemaid Park, was great.  The next day, we went to Austin for the UT Austin vs. OSU football game.  It was our first college football game.  It was hot, Texas hot, we had excellent seats, but opted to retreat to the concourse and watch the game on large TV's with all the other sane fans.

On Sunday, we went back to Dallas and attended the Dallas Cowboy football game at AT&T Park.  It was the Atlanta Falcons vs. the Cowboys and it was our first NFL game.  Monday we visited The Sixth Floor Museum, the site of President Kennedy’s assassination, in downtown Dallas, then we went back to AT&T Stadium for a tour of the stadium.  Let me just say that the Jones family did a spectacular job with the design.  What a fabulous football stadium!    That evening we saw the Detroit Tigers play the Texas Rangers at Globe Life Park.  It was another fabulous day.  The only downside was that every home team we saw, lost their game!  Matt, our leader, said we must have been a jinx.

Frisco and I are Dog Obedience Training drop-outs.  Yes, it's true!  We went last Saturday to the first class, held in one of the local parks.  There was only one other doggy pupil, with a very nice Dad and Mom.  We were all there early and used the time to get to know each other.  The instructor was late, so late that I was on my way to my car to leave when she finally showed up.  We did stay for the class, but I was disappointed in her technique, poor communication skills, and the lateness was the cherry on the top.  I mulled it over and decided not to go back.  I was contemplating writing a letter to the Parks and Rec. Dept. but one of my Tai Chi students is one of five Parks Commissioners, and she said she'd make sure it was discussed at their meeting.

I've also been busy making a commissioned quilt.  Today I got the top finished and now I'll work on the quilt back.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing my life with me,

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I enjoy replying to all comments that have an email address attached. If you are not on Blogger please include an email address within your comment--then I can say hi back!