My breakfast habits haven't really changed. 80% of the time, I have either Oatmeal with added ingredients, or Cheerios, with a sliced banana. It doesn't matter what the weather, I'll eat Oatmeal when it's blazing hot, or Cheerios when it's icy cold, just feed me breakfast!
The rest of the time I have pancakes, waffles or French toast. I no longer make waffles from scratch. A couple of month's ago, I dug out my waffle iron, the 2nd one I've owned in almost 49 years of marriage, and noticed that the results weren't better that Eggo's, and Eggo's are easier, way easier. I do make pancakes, using Bisquick, the same as when I was a girl. If I have an overripe banana to add to the batter, that's a special treat. I love french toast. My two favorites are with coarse, Shepard's bread, or with cinnamon raisin bread. Yum.
Have you tried French Toast in a Mug? It's great.
- Instead of a mug, I used a small bowl.
- Beat an egg, until well mixed, add an equal amount of milk.
- Add a drop of vanilla, and some sugar, sprinkle some cinnamon, mix well
- Cube a couple of bread slices, mix into egg mixture, use a fork to lift from the bottom to get all the cubes moist.
- Microwave for 1 minute, check to see that it's set. Add 10 second intervals, until custard is done, no runny egg mixture. I usually do 1 minute 30 seconds.
- I eat it out of the bowl, adding some butter/margarine and warm syrup.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing my life with me,