Not a lot of new "stuff" has been going on around here.
- Bob's health has continued to improve, slow and steady. He's been under the care of a GI doc in San Diego, for over a year, now; since he was hospitalized with neuropathy in his stomach. She's done wonders for him. We go to her office in San Diego twice a month for infusions. It's so worth the drive, and I get to go the the zoo! Bob still has a lot of pain related to back and leg issues, so he won't be running a Half Marathon or 10K, ever again. His spirits are good, and he's happy.
- I haven't worked for over 3 months, and the only thing I miss are the great people I worked with. I really didn't miss working the holiday season this year with all it's craziness. I worked in retail for over 20 years, 8 as a manager, 12 part time at B&N, and 3 part time at a frame shop. It's good to be really retired.
- I've never been one for New Year's Resolutions. I'm more a cup half full kind of gal. I did make two changes in December. I started walking regularly. The big one is I'm on a FABRIC diet. I have enough fabric, I believe, to be able to sew for one year, without purchasing fabric. I do fear running out of white, for background fabric. I usually buy it by the bolt, but I could run out.
- To help with the fabric diet, I entered a tutorial in a online contest and was selected as 1 of 5 finalist! That was big for me, and for being a finalist, I won a fabric shop gift certificate! Yipee. I was also notified I won some fabric from a manufacturer, this week. Yay!
- We did have a great Christmas Dinner at our daughter Sharon's house. For the past several years, since Carrie moved to NC, we've shared Christmas Day with Sharon's BFF's family. Merging the two families a couple times a year was so much fun, but Kimberly has re-located to Iowa, and while we were all welcomed to join her, we decided to stay in semi-warm SoCal. Sharon did a great job with the dinner and it was delicious.
That's the end of my catch up.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing my life with me,