It's been a good week, so far.
- Saturday we had dinner with my Cousin Carol and her family. Carol is a lot younger that me, probably the youngest cousin on my Mom's side of the family. We had a really good time. Her son Austin is in his second year of college and thinking he'd like to teach English Literature. He's an amateur golfer, but has put golf on the back burner, in favor of academics. He said it's weird not to be the smartest kid in the room, any more. I asked him if he'd read Cormac McCarthy, and he didn't know who he was. He's just starting out, he'll learn.
- Sunday we had dinner with our friends Kaye and Gary. They were the first friends we made after we retired and moved to Murrieta. We enjoy going out to dinner and to the theater with them. The funny thing is we're so different. We actually don't have much in common, but we all really like each other and have a great time.
- Monday, was ho-hum, Bob had PT in the AM and I took my walk. Loving those hour long walks. No sewing, I had to clean up because we're having our card group on Tuesday.
- Tuesday, more cleaning. You know how it is with two dogs and a husband! I taught Tai Chi in the afternoon.
- Tuesday night after cards, we had a surprise birthday party for my neighbor Reta. Her birthday is this week, and she'll be 92! She was really surprised when I brought out a platter of cupcakes with candles on them. She blew out the candles, and we all sang Happy Birthday to her.
- Today, we drove to San Diego. Bob had an appt. with his "miracle doctor". She was very pleased with his progress. She keeps tweaking his life to make him better. Today she told him he can no longer sleep in in the mornings - up at 6 AM, 7 at the latest. (He had been sleeping in until 9 or 10.) A nap in the afternoon will be OK, but only for a max of 1 hour. (Not his usual 2-3 hour nap.) First thing in the morning, juicing, before breakfast.
- Tonight we met-up with one of my favorite authors Brian Springer. His wife, Kim, bought something from me, so instead of mailing off, I got to see them and exchange hugs.
We bought a juicer, last month, and have started using it, but not regularly. Bob's sleeping habits have really interfered with it becoming a habit. Here's hoping the "new" tweaks will work. Bob really is improving. Every day is better, and he hasn't had any setbacks.
All this fun and I didn't take any photos, the ones I threw in, just make me smile. I hope you're smiling, too. They can be found here.
Be well and do good,