I was tagged by my friend Elissa, the Punk Rock Mom, it's all her fault
First up is 11 things about us you might not know, and might not want to know but too bad.
1. Bob was born in South Bend, IN, and I was born in Long Beach, CA
2. We went to the same high school, at different times, go Jackrabbits! (Long Beach Poly)
3. We are 4 years apart in age, we met because we were both active in Scouting.
4. Bob asked me to marry him on our 4th date. In ancient times, the '60's, you dated more than one person at a time, and he was tired of waiting for the next date.
5. The first car we bought was a Corvette.
6. Our first dog was Buttons, a poodle, and a rescue. We got him when we were married about a year. We're on dogs number 9, Dudley, and 10, Lizzie.
7. We bought our first house in 1968, it was going to be a fixer upper, and stayed there 30 years.
8. We bought our second house in 1998, are are still here. As much as we don't like to move, we'll probably die here, in about 30 or 40 years.
9. I met and talked to Micky Mantle and Muhammad Ali.
10. One of my grandsons thinks I'm really smart, which is nice; but I know the rest of the family is way smarter than I am.
11. Right now, I'm making an elephant quilt for my granddaughter, it could be the death of me! It's taking forever.
11 Questions from Elissa:
1. What is the best advice you have ever received? It's better to be kind than right.
2. You are all creative and talented. What craft do you wish you could do? soap making
3. Your favorite word to say? Books
4. You ladies are all Moms. In your family are you the good cop or the bad cop? Since Bob was a cop, I had to do both Good Cop and Bad Cop, at home.
5. What is your favorite song? I have so many, but Bob Seger is still my favorite, so I'll say Night Moves.
6. Reality TV, yes or no? NO.
7. Twilight or Hunger Games? Hunger Games, all the way.
8. If you were given one piece of artwork from anyone what art piece would you get? Early Sunday Morning by Edward Hopper
9. What is your dream job? Architect
10. What is your secret to a successful marriage? Just hang in there, don't give up.
11. What was the best vacation you ever took? Hawaii, alone.
and a bonus Allie
Alrighty, Carrie, Jan, Lisa and Allie, here are your questions
1. What is your favorite type of music?
2. Who has had the biggest impact in you life, other than your spouse?
3. If you had a time machine, what era would you venture to?
4. What was your favorite vacation?
5. What is your favorite book? Would you rather read a physical book or use an e-reader?
6. Have you ever talked to a famous person?
7. What color are your nails, today?
8. What is your favorite season?
9. Have you ever gone on a motorcycle ride? Driver or co-pilot?
10. Have you ever shot a gun?
11. What is the weirdest question you've been asked?
There are six rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Notify the people you're tagging.
6. No saying, "If you're reading this, you're tagged."
Be well and do good,